What is included?
- The Distortion Detector (DD-1))
- Protective silicon rubber boot
- Calibrated Test tone CD
- This manual
- Pride of ownership
About the design
- When you pick up the DD-1, know that you are holding a precision piece of equipment. If treated as such it should provide you with many years of reliable service. We have chosen a 9V battery as a power source for a few reasons:
- They are readily available
- Isolating the DD1-1 from the vehicle’s electrical system for power, guarantees that it will only measure what it is supposed to measure; the audio signal, not noise in the charging system.
We also chose an RCA input connector for a few reasons:
- It makes it pretty easy to measure the output of a headunit directly, if you choose to do so
- Should the harness become damaged it is easily replaceable or repairable in the field
- The Distortion Detector’s circuitry is 100% analog
- Distortion Detection trigger level > 1.0% Harmonic Distortion
- Guaranteed operating range of input signal is 1.2Vrms – 125Vrms. (15,000 Watts at 1 ohm) Auto ranging
- Signal Present LED trigger voltage 750mVrms
- Low Battery LED trigger battery voltage < 5.6Vdc
- Auto-shut off timer 8 – 10 minutes after ON button is pressed
- Everyone hides these in the back of the book. We are proud of our specs, they aren’t lies, so we are putting them up front.